California PUC License


Apply for a TCP

The first step to operating your own fleet!


trustpilot iconforbes

You’re in Good Company

California’s #1 TCP registration service, Over 1,000 TCP’s registered. Companies, both big and small, are starting their TCP license using BusinessRocket.

How Does It Work?

instruction iconlineline

Register Your Business

The PUC requires a registered business to start the TCP process. Find out which structure is best for you! Corporation, LLC, DBA or Partnership?

instruction iconlineline

DMV Pull Notice

Enrolling your business in the California DMV Pull Notice Program is an essential step in applying for your TCP Operating Authority.

instruction iconlineline

Vehicle Registration

Commercial registration is required for all vehicles operating under your TCP authority. Please contact us before purchasing your vehicle.

instruction iconlineline

Submit Your TCP Application

BusinessRocket accurately prepares your TCP Application before submitting your documents to the PUC for review.

instruction iconlineline

Commercial Insurance

Commercial TCP Insurance is required by the PUC, BusinessRocket preferred vendors offer discounted rates exclusively to our clients.

instruction iconlineline

Controlled Substance Testing

The PUC requires controlled substance testing for all drivers. Our preferred facilities provide affordable controlled substance testing services statewide.

instruction icon

Activate Your TCP Operating Authority

After all documentation have been submitted to the PUC, BusinessRocket will work directly with the PUC towards expediting your activation process; we help you get on the road quickly.

What is the difference between a TTC and a LLC??

S-Corporation status is a good option for many small businesses. For qualified owners of a domestic small business, the S-Corporation status provides liability protection to each owner similar to the C-Corporation. However, with the S-Corporation owners can also take advantage of "pass-through taxation". Because the S-Corporation is considered a "pass-through entity" by the IRS, the business itself isn't taxed at the corporate level.

What is an EIN?

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) commonly referred to as a Tax ID Number, is a unique number assigned by the IRS to identify a business entity. Whether operating as a sole-proprietor, LLC or a corporation, every new business should obtain an EIN.