Bureau of Automotive Repair


Apply for the BAR!

Take the first step to owning your own Repair Shop


trustpilot iconforbes

You’re in Good Company

BusinessRocket has helped over 10,000 business get registered and we are the only formation company that will help you through the entire process of becoming an Automotive Repair Business.

How Does It Work?

instruction iconlineline

Register Your Business

The BAR requires a registered business to start the license process. Find out which structure is best for you! Corporation, LLC, DBA or Partnership?

instruction iconlineline

Customize your Documents

The BAR requires specific structure to your newly established business, BusinessRocket will help you setup the business to all State Parameters.

instruction iconlineline

Business License & Seller Permits

BusinessRocket ensures that your new automotive repair business is complaint with all state and city regulatory bureaus.

instruction icon

Bar Application

Business Rocket will accurately prepare and review your Bureau of Automotive Repair Application, so you can focus on growing your company.

Why BusinessRocket

  • Hassle Free
    Hassle Free
  • Lifetime Customer Service
    Lifetime Customer Service
  • Transparent Pricing
    Transparent Pricing

What kind of car do I need for a TCP License?

The CPUC does not have any Year, Make or Model requirements for a vehicle being added to the TCP license. However, if you plan to provide transportation services, the vehicle must be operational and registered for commercial use. It is also recommended you verify with your insurance broker and any potential vendors, like Uber or Lyft, any specified vehicle requirements.

How long does the TCP process take?

If the carrier has all required documentation, a TCP can become active in as little as two-to-four weeks after submission. The process in its entirety takes an average of five-to-six weeks, with CPUC allocating a maximum timeframe of ninety days.

What type of insurance do I need for a TCP License?

A Public Liability and Property Damage insurance policy is the main insurance policy you are required to have coverage for on your vehicles. The minimum coverage starts at $750,000 for a seven-seater vehicle, and increases with larger seating capacity.

What is Commercial Registration?

Commercial registration classifies a vehicle to be used primarily for business purposes. This classification signifies to the DMV that this vehicle will no longer be considered for personal use, but instead for commercial use, regardless of who the registered owner of the vehicle is.